Senior Building Surveyor Building Approvals - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Building Surveyor Building Approvals
- Salary - $100k - $112k+ Super
- Access to Commuter Use vehicle
- Permanent ongoing Full Time Leadership Position with a monthly RDO
- Supportive management structure with opportunities for career progression
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council has an exciting role to compliment and advance a range of proactive approvals programs.
Using your technical expertise you will enhance Council’s Building Approvals systems and support the Unit in delivering outstanding customer outcomes. You will thrive with broad based responsibilities to drive continuous improvement and a culture of achievement within a committed team. You will play an active role in mentoring junior staff in the Building Approvals Team across the range of approvals activities and will play a key role in assisting the Building Services Unit to deliver improved performance outcomes. Key functions falling within the scope of this role include:
- Assessments and inspections for a range of building permit applications
- Assisting in the resolution of lapsed permits
- Engaging with customers through coordination of Better Approvals Moreland program
- Assessment of complex report and consent applications
With a new and supportive management environment in place, the position is ideally suited to an accomplished building professional looking to take the next step in their leadership career.
Flexible and supportive work arrangements are available to cater for work life balance needs. An organisation structure aligning Building, Planning and Environmental Health supports you gaining valuable professional development opportunities within a variety of inner urban building challenges.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification or the equivalent in Building Surveying, with registration or near registered as a Building Surveyor Unlimited as issued by the Victorian Building Authority
- Proven leadership, knowledge and experience in building approvals and permits as a Building Surveyor;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching staff is highly regarded.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Stephen Meloury – Unit Manager Building Services and Environmental Health on 9240 2209.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 10 August 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Aug 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100k - $112k+ Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time