Customer Service Officer
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Customer Service Officer
- Salary - $69k - $73k + Super (full time, part time pro-rata)
- Multiple roles available: 3 Full time roles (9 day fortnight), 5 Part time roles 5 hours per day (Monday-Friday), starting either 9am or 11am (some permanent, others contracted until June 2023)
- Are you passionate about customer service excellence? Opportunity to be part of the change & make a difference to the Moreland community in this important local government role
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Be part of the change at Moreland bringing a fresh focus to our customer experience. Working as part of a team within a highly supportive environment you will be responding to customer queries on everything from rates to planning to household waste and capturing community requests to be actioned by colleagues across the Moreland team.
We are seeking experienced customer service professionals who are passionate about providing great service. You need to be comfortable in a contact centre environment and ensuring a seamless customer experience while also sometimes dealing with challenging customer scenarios. Full time roles offer will also work occasionally at one of our 3 Customer Service Centres.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Previous experience in a Customer Service and Contact Centre environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a face to face service environment with cash handling skills and an understanding of cashiering processes for reconciliation and balancing of financial transactions (for full time roles only)
- Highly motivated individual with an interest in working in a local government organisation to deliver outstanding service to the community
- Ability to manage challenging customer situations calmly and confidently
- Keyboard, systems and computer knowledge, including typing skills to a high standard and an ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- A 9 day fortnight is offered to all full time staff
- A great opportunity to start your career in local government
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Glen Kennedy on 9240 2329.
Applications close: 5pm, 28 September 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Sep 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $69k - $73k + Super (full time, part time pro-rata)
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
- Administration/Customer Service