Coordinator - Glenroy Community Hub
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Coordinator - Glenroy Community Hub
- Salary - $100k - $112k + Super
- Monthly RDO
- Permanent Full-time role
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position reports to the Manager, Cultural Development and is responsible for management of the new Glenroy Community Hub at 50 Wheatsheaf Road, Glenroy. The Coordinator, Glenroy Community Hub will establish the facility to achieve Council’s vision for it as an integrated community services hub that improves health and education outcomes of residents in the local area.
The Coordinator will lead a collective impact approach to achieve the vision, supporting and coordinating the efforts of onsite service providers. A mix of Council and for-purpose agencies, these services will deliver community health, wellbeing and lifelong learning opportunities to people of all ages and backgrounds. Working with partners, the Coordinator will develop a culture that values and delivers a quality and seamless visitor experience.
The Coordinator will ensure safe, effective and efficient operations of the facility. Designing and managing systems and processes is a key function and an early priority for this new role, including promoting and managing shared and bookable spaces to maximise revenue from venue hire. The Coordinator will supervise the Venue Support Officer in day to day operation of the facility.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ability to coordinate stakeholder engagement in co-design and delivery of services and programs including customer service
- Facilitate productive relationships and cooperative arrangements among tenants and other stakeholders
- Community engagement, outreach and public communications skills that can maximise visitation and participation in Hub programs
- Manage staff and liaise with Council Departments and contractors to ensure effective delivery of operations including OH&S requirements
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to establish the culture and working operations of a significant new community hub in Melbourne’s north
- The ability to make a difference in the Glenroy community
- A collaborative and supportive working environment that supports work-life balance
For further information please contact Lisa Dempster, Manager Cultural Development on 0401 449 158.
Applications close: 5pm, 26 October 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Oct 2021
- VIC - Glenroy
- $100k - $112k + Super + monthly RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time