Environmental Health Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Health Officer
- Salary - $89k - $97k + Super
- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
- Flexible work from home arrangements
- Work with a dynamic and diverse inner-city council
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to contribute to the safety and amenity of the municipality.
Key aspects of this role include performing duties and responsibilities of an Authorised Officer under the provisions of the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, Environment Protection Act 1970, Local Government Act 1989, Tobacco Act 1987, Residential Tenancies Act 1997 and other relevant legislation. The successful candidate will have experience with relevant Acts and regulations and an ability to apply relevant legislation whilst carrying out enforcement and education activities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent
- Eligible to be a member of Environmental Health Professionals Australia
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships in a diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, drawings and specifications
- Current drivers licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Stacey Eason – Team Leader Environmental Health on 9240 2328.
Applications close: 11pm, 14 November 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Nov 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89k - $97k + Super + monthly RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time