Planning Coordinator (Maternity Leave Cover) - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Planning Coordinator (Maternity Leave Cover)
- Senior Executive Officer
- Salary package commencing from $130k
- Fixed term position from January 2022 to May 2023
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced leader who is future focused and collaborative, with a track record of delivering results. Managing a team of approximately 8 staff, you will be a key player in leading, developing and delivering Council’s urban planning services with a strong focus on customer service excellence and innovation. You will be politically astute and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that support the delivery of high quality development outcomes.
Operating as part of a multi-disciplinary branch, and as one of three Planning Coordinators, reporting to the Unit Manager Urban Planning, you are responsible for all aspects of planning, subdivision and advocacy with a high level of autonomy for planning matters and the management of your team in accordance with the Council’s objectives and policies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- An advanced understanding and working knowledge of statutory and strategic planning, urban design, environmental sustainability and allied disciplines.
- Be a progressive leader with a collaborative approach.
- Extensive experience in town planning or related fields.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in town planning or a related discipline.
- Drive a constructive team culture delivering high performance
- Champion customer-centric behaviours and engagement which puts the community at the heart.
- Contributing to a programmed approach to continuous improvement in planning systems and service delivery
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Mark Hughes, Unit Manager Urban Planning on 9240 1150.
Applications close: 5pm, 25 November 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Nov 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- package commencing from $130k
- Work Type:
Architecture, Design & Planning