Executive Producer Festivals - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Executive Producer Festivals
- Salary - $100k - $112k + Super
- Full-Time - Temporary Staff Position for 5 months
- Immediate start date preferred
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an innovative, passionate and experienced arts leader and festival producer to lead our dynamic festivals team for the next five-months. The Executive Producer Festivals role is a key position within the Arts Moreland team and leads the creation and delivery of our festivals program. A particular focus of this role will be the development, delivery and evaluation of the highly regarded Brunswick Music Festival.
Working with the broader festivals team, the position will also oversee a range of other smaller activities and programs including a range of pop-up events and the Glenroy Festival. This will involve significant contract management with a range of contractors including production and logistics management, developing and maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with a variety of key-stakeholders, financial management including an in-depth understanding of ticketing, program development and overseeing marketing for the whole program. This role also has oversight of the Moreland Event Permit Process, authorising and assisting the Moreland community to produce their own festivals and events. The position is also responsible for the overall Covid safety of the festivals program.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a festival producer that is passionate about community and keen to develop their skills leading and working collaboratively with a small and dedicated team in a great inner-city Council.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification in Arts, Arts Management, Event or Production Management or a related discipline
- Experience in coordinating and conducting a range of large scale festivals and special events
- The proven ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Skills in planning, programming, delivery and evaluation of festivals and events with diverse communities and a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver quality and innovative outcomes within tight timelines and within budget.
- Skills in developing, implementing and overseeing internal and external Risk Management Plans and OH&S Procedures.
- Ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively and to develop innovative and new services and procedures and be proactive in implementing them.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of community members and stakeholders.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of marketing, PR, sponsorship and evaluation plans.
- Experience and/or interest in community engagement and community cultural development projects.
- Skills in managing a range of administrative processes including issuing and managing event permits, contracts, financials and logistics.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside and lead an experienced and collaborative festivals team and contribute to the vibrant Moreland community
- Experience in programming, planning and delivery of a wide variety of festivals and events
- Opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Craig Rogers - Unit Manager Arts and Culture on 9240 2371.
Applications close: 5:00pm, 29 November 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Nov 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100k - $112k + Super
- Work Type: