Head of Sustainability & Climate Change
City of Port Phillip (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Sustainability & Climate Change
- Permanent, full time role - SEO package
- Newly created role with impact
- Lead the Sustainability & Climate Change Unit
- Located at St Kilda Town Hall or with flexible working arrangements possible.
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more. City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation.
About the Role
Lead Council’s sustainability functions and actively contributing to environmental leadership across the organisation.
Embed a culture of professional practice and collaboration within the Sustainability and Climate Change team across the five practice areas of Integrated water management, Climate adaptation and resilience, Emissions reduction, Sustainable design and planning and Partnerships.
- Lead the development, delivery and review of sustainability and climate change services, projects, strategies and initiatives
- Provide sustainability and climate change leadership to the organisation
- Drive innovative and strategic responses to climate change in Council’s own operations and partnerships with our community
- Drive the delivery of a team culture focused on value for rate payers and customer service
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in Sustainability, Climate Change or related field
- Experience in managing and leading a team to deliver sustainability and climate change or related outcomes in a mid-sized to large organisation
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Sustainability, Climate Change or related field. Post graduate qualifications in a related field will be highly regarded
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Security Requirements and Professional Obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments.
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- Evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences
- Sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia
- Sufficient proof of their identity
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination in line with CHO Direction.
- Complete a National Police Check completed via City of Port Phillip’s Provider.
- Evidence of a Working with Children Check (employee type with City of Port Phillip registered as the organisation).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Kathryn Pound, Acting Manager City Strategy, Design & Sustainability on 0468 567 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 11.59pm Tuesday 1st of February 2022
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact David Crichton (HR Business Partner- Recruitment) on 0466 859 533 or email: email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 01 Feb 2022
- VIC - St Kilda
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management