Vacancy Reference: 11393
Salary Range: $67,117.71 to $76,257.62
Location: MacNamara Street, Water Laboratory
Close Date: Monday, 26 February 2018
Applications: Must be submitted online via the Cairns Regional Council website.
Primary Objectives of the position:
Reporting to the Senior Scientist Microbiology you will perform routine and moderately complex non-routine microbiological analysis for the laboratory’s programs. You will be responsible for the operation and work flow of an assigned section of the Microbiological Testing Laboratory. Your skills and judgement in a range of functions will help develop and expand the laboratory’s expertise and capabilities.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a Science field directly relevant to the position (preferable Microbiology)
- Previous laboratory experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of laboratory quality management systems applicable to a NATA accredited laboratory
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and organise work to achieve timely outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve customer focused goals.
- Able to meet NATA criteria for signatory status
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria, please refer to the position description on our website.
Cairns Regional Council offers the following benefits:
- 19 day month rostered day off
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
How to apply:
Your application must be submitted online and consist of the following:
- Cover letter
- Selection Criteria Response addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria
- Copy of your current resume
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria may not be accepted.
As part of the selection process, the successful candidate will be required to undertake the following pre-employment medical assessments;
- a pre-employment medical, which will include a medical assessment, functional capacity assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- a national police / criminal history check.