Reference Number: 12844
Location: Administration Building,158A Martyn Street, Cairns
Close Date: Tuesday 4 June 2019
With our key message for all staff to "Go Home Safe & Well Today and Everyday" we are now seeking a highly engaged, motivated and experienced WH&S professional to provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance in WH&S across the organisation.
This pivotal role will plan, lead, organise and implement Councils Safety Management System and a range of projects and initiatives that address Councils key organisational risks and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) compliance.
Nature and Scope of the Position:
- Provision of specialist advice, guidance and leadership in WHS;
- WHS Team oversight and performance;
- Councils Safety Management System; and
- Leading Council’s SafetyCircle training program.
Capability and Qualification Requirements:
The position holder must have:
- Bachelor degree in Workplace Health & Safety and/or equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training, professional accreditations and qualifications.
- Current Queensland “C” class drivers licence.
To be eligible to apply you must address the following key selection criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety or equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training, professional accreditations and qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of safety management systems and frameworks.
- Demonstrated success in developing, facilitating and implementing leadership style that supports, motivates and inspires individual team and corporate achievements.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills, including the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff and a range of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to promote and support the achievement of a customer focused organisation.
For a full listing of the Selection Criteria please download a copy of the information kit.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Current Resume
- Statements Addressing the full Selection Criteria
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Preâ€‘employment functional medical assessment, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa