Develop your career with Cairns Regional Council, an innovative employer that listens, respects and values your contribution. We’re proud of our community and the key role you can play in making the Cairns region a great place to live, work and learn. Our commitment to high quality services means that we need talented, committed people – we need you!
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can contribute to the on-going development and operations of our Library Services? Then don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of others!
We are now seeking a highly engaged and suitably qualified Librarian who has a passion for libraries and providing exceptional customer service to join our team now!
Our ideal candidate will have appropriate qualifications in library and information studies coupled with excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated through your interactions with both work colleagues and customers, demonstrated experience in managing a library, excellent team management skills and the expertise to deliver an innovative best practice library service to the public.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Leader, the primary objectives of this position are:
- Support the Client Services Team Leader to ensure a consistently high standard of customer-focussed library services and resources are provided to the community.
- Lead, support and deliver excellent front-of-house services and operations across various Library venues.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to build a high performing team that is results oriented.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Eligibility for professional (Associate) membership – AALIA of ALIA
- ALIA accredited undergraduate (Bachelor) degree in library and information studies; or
- First degree in any discipline AND an ALIA recognised post-graduate (graduate diploma or masters) course.
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence
- A current Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to interpret, provide professional advice and apply library policies, practices and procedures to implement innovative library services, programs and solutions (including collections).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology and digital literacy with the ability to apply the relevant applications to a library environment.
- Proven effective team management skills including time management, establishment of priorities and project management.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills including the ability to provide leadership and work collaboratively as a team member.
How to Apply:
For a full listing of the Duties & Responsibilities please download a copy of the information kit
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following preâ€‘employment assessments / checks:-
- Preâ€‘employment medical, which will include a functional capacity assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification / Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa