- Key leadership position
- Competitive Remuneration
- Sapphire Coast location
The Bega Valley Shire is located at the south-eastern corner of New South Wales, half way between Australia’s two largest cities Sydney and Melbourne and just over two hours’ drive from the nation’s capital Canberra.
Nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer, the Bega Valley Shire offers abundance in the way of location and leisure. Bega Valley Shire Council currently employs over 400 staff and delivers services to a permanent community of around 33,000. Our PLaCE values reflect the great importance we place on quality leadership and operational practices.
You will lead and manage BVCS’s water and sewer programs and progressive strategies for water and sewer treatment, reuse and disposal. Council is currently in the process of delivering several new water treatment plants and a major sewerage treatment plant upgrade in Merimbula which provides an exciting once in a generation opportunity.
In this position you will be responsible for managing:
- Manage water and sewer assets, including the repair, maintenance and replacement of these assets.
- Manage the quality control and operations of water and sewer services and sewer treatment plant.
- Manage the carrying out of audits and associated reports.
- Provide and allocate resources within the Section compatible with operation and development of the integrated management systems.
- Develop appropriate policies and strategies for the operation, maintenance and development of BVSC’s water and sewer assets.
- Provide specialist advice relating to policies and procedures as an integral part of the Assets and Operations management team.
- Develop the Water and Wastewater business, having regard to the National Competition Policy Guidelines including Strategic Business Plans.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to lead and manage the operations and people within the department. You will be a natural negotiator with an ability to deliver quality outcomes within this highly regulated sector.
You will have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Degree-level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline including associated professional memberships.
- Advanced knowledge in water and sewer technologies, including water collection and storage, reticulation and delivery, sewer services and waste water re-use.
- High level of business acumen with the ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a diverse workforce of engineering and operational staff.
Please see position description for a full list of duties.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role. Applications Close at 11:55pm (AEST).
This is a permanent full-time position. Remuneration commences at $2,653.10 per week, per week, plus a Civil Liability allowance of 3.5% and 9.5 % employer superannuation contribution. A leaseback vehicle is also available.