Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to implement and develop a contemporary customer focussed water business unit. As such, unique and exciting opportunities exist for the experienced water business professional with a proven track record in the industry to lead the process and guide the goals and functions of this Council driven enterprise from its inception to new heights. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a modern water and sewerage business which is customer focused and underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Remuneration: This position will offer an attractive salary package negotiated with the successful candidate depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 March at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to have exceptional leadership qualities to develop and implement the Water Business Unit's customer relationship management and performance monitoring objectives.
Responsible to the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Customer and Commercial Services Branch through:
- stakeholder engagement and communication
- Customer Charter and Customer Service Standards through monitoring and compliance reporting.
- Customer Liaison and service agreements for domestic and commercial customer, and internal corporate service providers.
- Liaison with Industry regulators
- Trade Waste management.
- Regulatory reporting including SWIM Reporting, Drinking Water Quality Management Reporting and DEHP Compliance Reporting.
- Customer complaints management
- Customer Contact Centre Service Level Agreement monitoring and management.
- Business unit performance monitoring and reporting.
- Metering management, revenue assurance and cost neutrality
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Business or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Sound knowledge of techniques in customer and stakeholder engagement, complaints management, developing and maintaining strategic relations at all levels of government and industry regulators and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing service level agreement teams.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of any of these roles, please contact Moira Zeilinga, the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit on Ph: 54810493 or via email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- An attractive salary package for the right candidate
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.