Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated
Closing Date: Sunday 4 June 2017 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing and communications professional to create and implement a strategy for a rapidly emerging region less than 2 hours from Brisbane. Factors including the soon to be completed freeway access to SEQ, a range of Council projects targeted at liveability, a specific desire by Council to place an emphasis on marketing the region, and a range of unique natural attributes, means this role is a chance for someone to make a real difference.
Council is investing heavily in projects related to tourism and liveability which combined with housing affordability and excellent access to the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane means the region has a bright future. To make the most of the opportunities, Council is committed to finding the right marketing and communications professional for this instrumental role.
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- Hold relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrate high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and implementing communications, marketing or public relations strategies.
- Have strong commercial acumen with sound understanding of the business environment and organisation directions.
- Demonstrate significant digital and social media skills.
- Have sound experience leading teams, ensuring quality outcomes
- Have substantial experience in a communications environment, with high-level presentation skills and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a broad range of people
The following are not mandatory but would be advantageous:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet successfully work as part of an integrated team.
- Knowledge of local government
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Bernard Smith on 5481 0602.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org