Remuneration: Salary range between $88,701 and $94,166 plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 17 September 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this role will be to provide asset data collection, analysis and management for Council's Water Business Unit, as well as to manage special water and sewerage infrastructure projects to assist the project management function of the unit.
What we are looking for
As Asset and Project Engineer for the Water Business Unit, you will play a pivotal role in managing the availability and reliability of Council's water and sewerage infrastructure asset register and associated asset management software, as well as providing specialist advice on asset data maintenance and capital works project delivery. You will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Project Management of Special Projects
- Ensuring Council’s water and sewerage infrastructure assets are recognized in a timely manner
- Ensuring the integrity and confidence of water and sewerage asset data meets regulated service levels and legislative standards
- Liaise with both internal and external asset management stakeholders to obtain as constructed information to fulfil asset recognition requirements
- Regular reporting to various internal and external asset stakeholders with regard to water and sewerage asset integrity
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- A tertiary qualification in an Engineering field, and/or significant and relevant experience in an asset management environment.
- High level ability to read and interpret engineering plans to enable the extraction of relevant asset data.
- High level communication and engagement skills to facilitate asset data capture and the development and maintenance of professional stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in providing asset integrity reports and expert asset management advice.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Asset management and Information systems, GIS and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of project management methodologies and practices.
How to apply
visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au, click on the 'Jobs at Council' menu tab, then click on the corresponding link for job number GRC305.