Remuneration: Salary range between $80,500 and $85,971 per annum and 13% superannuation.
Closing Date: Sunday 3 December 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position, whilst responsible to the Manager Operations and Maintenance - Water Business Unit, will play a pivotal role in delivering the Water Business Units objective to deliver safe, reliable drinking water and remove and treat sewage for our domestic and commercial customers to ensure we meet both our commitment to our customers and our compliance objectives and legislative requirements.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a suitably qualified candidate with significant water industry management experience, including the ability to lead and motivate skilled professionals and response crews of the Operations team by maintaining high level customer service standards across Council's vast water and sewerage infrastructure network.
As the Co-ordinator Operations - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for tasks such as:
- Formation of a centralised work scheduling and dispatch unit and the establishment of a Control Room.
- Works prioritisation for reactive, preventative and corrective maintenance of civil, mechanical, electrical and SCADA and control systems assets.
- Implementation of the Asset Management Information System.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and customer service standards with regard to drinking water supply and sewerage schemes.
- Co-ordinate supply and service investigations, customer request management, complaints and escalations, and prepare reports and notifications for regulatory stakeholders.
- Network and treatment monitoring and reporting.
- Implement an Incident Management framework.
- Contract management.
- Safety and quality system management.
- Annual operational budgeting.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A relevant water industry Tertiary Engineering qualification and/or Trade qualification with significant water industry management experience.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level or management experience in a similar role with proven ability to lead, motivate and manage staff and a sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Proven ability to work independently, exercise initiative and meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of operation and maintenance practices in the water industry and leading technical/engineering teams to meet service level outcomes and optimise operating costs.
- Sound knowledge of customer call centre requirements and scripting, schedule and dispatch of work orders and job planning, operational monitoring, SCADA monitoring and control and performance reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively developing and maintaining strategic relationships and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including all levels of local and state government, industry regulators, community, customers, elected representatives and contractors.
- Experience in successful interacting with customers, unions and industry regulators over time.
- Knowledge of the reporting requirements for a regulated water business.
Desirable for this role will be:
- Experience in operations and maintenance practices and asset maintenance systems including field tablet use for asset maintenance management, Authority / Technology One, Assetic / Maximo / SAP, GIS.
- Knowledge of the role of Local Government and the Australian Water Industry.
Special Requirements of this role will be:
- The requirement and ability to respond to after hours emergency works or incident management and participate in an on-call roster.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager Operations and Maintenance - Water Business Unit, Michael Doherty on Ph: 5481 0790 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Mrs Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org