Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Remuneration: Salary range from $75,864 to $79,164 per annum plus 13% superannuation and commuter use of a Council vehicle.
Closing Date: Sunday 28 January 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
For this pivotal role, Council is seeking the skills and expertise of a suitably qualified and experienced building certifier. The purpose of this position is to carry out the functions of a Council Building Certifier as defined by the Building Act 1975 under the general supervision of the Coordinator Building, and in association with multi-faceted professionals such as Town Planners, Plumbing Inspectors and administrative personnel.
What we are looking for?
As Building Certifier for Gympie Regional Council, you could expect to be involved with tasks such as:
- Building and construction site inspections.
- Consulting with Developers, Builders and other stakeholders and providing building technical advice.
- Participating in the assessment of development applications within the prescribed IDAS time frames set within the Planning Act 2016.
- Responding to customer enquiries through provision of certification services or investigations of statutory compliance issues.
- Participating in policy and procedure review.
To be successful in this role, candidates will require:
- A qualification and/or equivalent experience that satisfies the accreditation requirements for a Building Certifier Level 2 with the QLD Building and Construction Commission, or a Building Certifier Level 3 with a commitment to obtaining a Level 2 certification.
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and certification of Class 1-10 buildings, including expert knowledge of relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of an integrated specialised team
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skill to facilitate professional report writing and correspondence, and to facilitate clear and accurate communications with internal and external customers.
Candidates currently studying (or who have the ability to study) towards Building Certifier Level 1 will be highly regarded.
How to apply
visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au. Click on the Jobs at Council link to access the online application form.