Remuneration: Commencing annual salary of $99,199 plus superannuation and company vehicle
Closing Date: Sunday 25 March 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Council is seeking a professional to lead Gympie’s Community Partnerships team. The focus of this pivotal role is to develop and maintain strong partnerships between Council and the community, government and business sectors to increase community participation, social well-being and community pride.
This role plays a critical role in Council's community engagement initiatives, including targeted engagement with regional townships and communities of interest. It will be responsible for leading the Community Partnerships team to identify, develop and deliver a range of quality initiatives in regard to:
- Community Planning and Development
- Council's Grants Program
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Sport and Recreation Development/Active and Healthy Communities
- Volunteer support
- Other priorities as identified by Council and the Executive Team
- Recovery Management Support
We are honing in on opportunities that challenge our can-do spirit, skills and strengths, maximising our partnerships to ensure our connections are continually strengthened. Together, we are turning ideas into action to deliver Gympie as Australia’s most liveable region to live, work and play.
What we are looking for
We are seeking candidates with exceptional leadership and management experience to build and drive a multi-disciplined team to short, medium and long term targets.
To be successful in this role you will have strong leadership and project management skills, effective stakeholder and relationship management skills and excellent written and communication skills.
This role is both hands on as well as strategic requiring someone with vision, exceptional business acumen and understanding of financial management and a background in delivering service excellence.
The successful candidate will need:
- Formal Qualifications, or equivalent experience and active enrolment, in Social Science, Government Administration, Community Services, Project Management or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse team and the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads.
- Sound understanding of, and demonstrated ability to apply, community development and community engagement principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison and negotiation skills, and ability to foster enduring partnerships.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Skills and experience in advocacy and network development, with all levels of government and the community sector.
- Knowledge of financial management and budgeting procedures.
Although not mandatory to the role, it is desirable or advantageous to have:
- Experience in procurement and contract management incorporating drafting, reading, implementing and managing service contracts.
- Experience in grants management.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Pauline Gordon, Director - Corporate and Community Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email Rowena.email@example.com