Remuneration: Salary range between $81,949 and $87,518 plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 28 October 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this role will be to undertake onsite inspections of development works to ensure compliance with required standards.
What we are looking for
For this role, Council requires a candidate with extensive experience and expertise in a civil engineering/construction environment in a senior capacity. A candidate whose experience and background involves onsite compliance inspections of development works will do well in this role. The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance and maintain important relationships will be a critical element of this role.
As Development Engineer with Gympie Regional Council, you could expect to be responsible for tasks such as
- Managing the construction phase of operational works approvals including the necessary documentation management and endorsement processes.
- Undertaking scheduled onsite inspections of development works to ensure full compliance with approval requirements.
- Reviewing and accepting quality data and as constructed information.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with Council and wider stakeholders.
- Providing expert advice to inform the engineering assessment of development applications.
- Assessing and preparing engineering approval conditions for development applications.
- Responding to customer action requests.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Extensive experience in a civil engineering/construction environment including experience with inspecting development and infrastructure works.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and influence the timely resolution of issues.
- High level of knowledge and experience in the use of engineering standards, specifications and codes, including IPWEAQ and Austroads standards, TMR Road Planning and Design Manual and Technical Specifications, QLD Urban Drainage Manual and Queensland Streets.
- High level verbal and written communication skill to facilitate expert engineering advice for the development assessment and inspection process.
- Knowledge of construction standards and methods, and experience in administering construction by developers and contractors.
Desirable for this position is:
- A qualification in civil engineering.
- Registration as an RPEQ
- Experience in a similar role within local government or the private sector.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Co-ordinator - Development Engineering, Paul McKay on Ph: 07 - 5481 0462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com