Remuneration: An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate, but will include a base salary range of between $90,297 to $95,861 per annum, plus $15,000 per annum market retention allowance, plus 13% superannuation. Option also available for negotiation of commuter use of a Council vehicle or the equivalent cash component.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
With a particular focus on your successful track record in negotiation, conflict resolution, collaboration and mediation, this position will manage the development engineering function to provide timely, high quality input into the assessment of development applications. The position will effectively administer the operational works component of developments within the Gympie Region. In addition, the Co-ordinator - Development Engineering is the custodian of Council's flood information.
What we are looking for
A democratic and inclusive leadership style that can effectively collaborate and negotiate with developers and other Council professionals to achieve outcomes will excel in this position. For this pivotal role, we are seeking a self managed individual with a high level of knowledge pertaining to development engineering concepts. You will require a tertiary qualification in civil engineering along with significant and relevant experience at a senior leadership level in a development engineering environment. Whilst managing a small team of dedicated professionals, you will be expected to:
- provide expert advice to both internal and external stakeholders regarding the assessment of development applications for road and transport infrastructure, storm water and flooding, and road and earthwork design.
- provide expert pre-lodgement advice to developers on engineering matters.
- provide valuable input to the regular review of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme and the Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
- Oversee developers in the delivery of works to ensure compliance with Council standards.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on flood information held by Council, and engage expert consultants to update flood models as required from time to time.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manage, lead, coach and motivate the development engineering team.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Significant and relevant experience in a senior leadership role from a development engineering environment.
- Proven experience in managing, developing and leading a team of professionals, including knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Experience in the interpretation of relevant legislation including the Local Government Act 2009, the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
- High level experience in the use of engineering standards, specifications and codes.
- High level written and verbal communication skill, and proven experience in providing expert advice on development engineering matters.
- Knowledge of construction standards and previous experience in overseeing developers or contractors.
Qualifications and/or experience in project management techniques and frameworks would be a clear advantage, as too would knowledge of flood modelling techniques. Registration as an RPEQ would be desirable, but not essential.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the General Manager - Design Services, Mr Lawry O'Brien on 54810461 or email Lawry.O'Brien@gympie.qld.gov.au
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Human Resource Advisors, Rowena Chapman on 07-5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Pip Moir on 07-5181 0906 or email email@example.com