Remuneration: Salary range between $69,897 and $74,260 per annum plus 13 per cent superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Participate as a member of a team of professionals in the operations of the Regulatory Services Section by providing high level customer service to protect and enhance community amenity and public safety through enforcing relevant legislation (including Council’s Local Laws) and undertaking proactive patrols of public areas including parks, reserves, roadways and other Council controlled land.
What we are looking for
For these full time, permanent positions, Council is seeking candidates who are self-driven and motivated, with previous experience working in a law enforcement agency or in a similar role (not necessarily restricted to Local Government experience) including experience conducting factual investigations.
As Ranger - Regulatory Services, you will be responsible for investigating and actioning customer enquiries and requests for service relating to domestic animal complaints, overgrown allotments, abandoned vehicles and other related legislative non-compliance matters.
The successful candidates will require:
- A formal qualification in a statutory compliance/law enforcement field and significant experience with a law enforcement agency, or in a Local Laws/Ranger/Regulatory role within a Local Government.
- The ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation appropriately.
- Effective investigation techniques and processes for gathering evidence for the purposes of court brief preparation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to facilitate negotiation and collaboration with customers, and the professional preparation of reports.
- Ability to foster a customer service culture.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of the ethical and humane treatment of animals.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Co-ordinator - Regulatory Services, Mr Simon Eager on 1300 307 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisors - Human Resources, Rowena Chapman on 07 - 5481 0687 or email email@example.com, or Pip Moir on 07 - 5481 0906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org