Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $95,424.68 (Level 7) per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 16 February 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Gympie Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join the Property and Facilities team as a Coordinator - Facilities Management in a permanent full time capacity.
This position will be responsible for the coordination of the operational and long term management and maintenance of Council’s corporate office buildings and community facilities that are under the control of Council’s Corporate and Community Services Directorate. This includes but is not limited to Council’s corporate administration buildings, community halls, showgrounds, public pools and public amenities. The position will also be responsible for the supervision of the Facilities Management Section including the Building Maintenance crew.
What we are looking for
Council is looking for a highly motivated individual with a formal qualification or extensive experience in asset management or in a similar, relevant field. They will need to have specialist understanding of asset and related financial management as well as the ability to create, maintain and work within asset management programs. The successful candidate will need to have experience working with budgets (including wages budgets) and have experience in supervising a team. The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret service/management contracts and comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation/codes.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate programs, procedures and practices in an asset management framework.
- Specialist knowledge of building maintenance matters with demonstrated experience in facility maintenance co-ordination.
The following skills are desirable but not mandatory for the position:
- Well developed oral and written communication and consultation skills, including the ability to interact effectively with clients and staff both individually and in groups.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial administration.
- Demonstrated understanding of policy and procedures relevant to the section.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Sophie Paras, Manager - Property and Facilities on 5481 0759 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Kymbeline Russell, Advisor - Human Resources (Acting) on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org