Remuneration: Level 4.1 - commencing at $73,866 per annum plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 24 May 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position provides general and high level administration support to the Mayor as well as supporting Councillors and assisting in the general delivery of the governance function of Council of Gympie Regional Council (GRC).
The role is primarily the first point of contact for the Mayor’s office and GRC. As such, it requires a positive, professional and can do approach.
What we are looking for?
We are seeking an experienced executive assistant, who is able to demonstrate strong customer service and time management skills, as well as a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with all relevant internal and external customers and stakeholders.
As Executive Assistant to the Mayor you will be responsible for:
- Providing confidential, quality and timely support to the Mayor through the delivery of high standard administrative services.
- Assisting Mayoral liaison with staff, Councillors and the broader public through strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Assisting in the delivery of the governance functions of Council with regard to Councillor support, Council meeting support, etc.
To be successful, candidates will require:
- Qualifications and/or at least 3 years' experience in office administration/management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and at times confidential issues.
- Proven ability to work in a high volume work environment to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of outstanding customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to build relationships and deal effectively with internal and external customers and the broader community.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with a diverse range of people
- High level of proficiency in relevant software.
Desirable for this position will be:
- Experience in delivering events and functions.
- Knowledge of the Gympie Regional Council Local Government Area.
- Previous experience in/knowledge of local government.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply head to Council's website and follow the "Jobs at Council" link to register your interest: www.gympie.qld.gov.au
Applications close on Sunday 24 May 2020 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.