Position No: D43057
Salary: $66,956 per annum (+ plus super)
38 hours per week (19 day month)
Applications Close: Monday 3 December 2018 at noon
Contact: Allan Middlemast on 8470 8436
We are seeking a proactive Transport Engineer to join our Transport Engineering team.
You will be joining a dedicated team who are advocates of safety, access and mobility, promoting whole of transport understanding and awareness. The Transport Engineering team works in partnership with key stakeholders to improve the transport network and achieve common goals through high quality programs and strategies.
This role will be responsible for responding to and developing effective solutions for transport and parking management issues through consultation, research and technical analysis. This position will also support and assist with the delivery of the Darebin’s Transport Strategy by providing professional, accurate and technical advice in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will possess:
• An ability to assess problems relating to transport and parking management, and provide solutions using relevant standards and guidelines
• Demonstrated experience in design and understanding of construction principles of transport infrastructure; including walking, cycling and public transport projects
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to quality service and sensitivity to community needs
• Experience in the Local Government environment will be considered an advantage
Apply online at www.darebin.vic.gov.au or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.