Position No: E52021
Salary: $66,956 per annum
38 hours per week, 9 day fortnight
Applications Close: Monday 18 March 2019 at noon
Contact: David Smith on 8470 8398
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Arborist to be an important part of our Tree Management team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of Council’s tree population within Darebin streets and open space areas, through tree inspections, auditing of works and report writing.
The successful applicant will possess:
• A tertiary qualification (Diploma or Degree) in Horticulture / Arboriculture (or related discipline) and/or significant relevant experience in the industry.
• Sound knowledge of Arboricultural principles and practices
• Ability to assess trees and provide detailed Arboriculture recommendations reflective of industry standards, current regulations and council requirements
• Demonstrated understanding of risk management practices and principles
• Excellent and clear communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide written reports
Apply online at www.darebin.vic.gov.au or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.