- Join a progressive leader in Local Government
- Be a part of a dynamic, service driven team
- Play a vital role in administering Property Services for Council
The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north of Melbournes CBD. No matter where youre from, youll feel at home in this cosmopolitan community where different lifestyles, aspirations and talents are welcomed. 160,000 residents speak 138 different languages, embrace 37 different faiths and celebrate their citys rich cultural diversity. As a progressive leader in Local Government, the City of Darebin has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations in response to the climate emergency, increasing inequality and unprecedented growth - hence their vision of a sustainable, vibrant and community-oriented City.
About the Position
As a member of the Property Services team you will play a vital role in administering Council’s program of road (right of way) discontinuances, extinguishment of drainage reserves and road declarations to ensure maximum benefit to Council. You will also have the opportunity to administer the Geographic Place Naming process as well as provide high level support in other property related matters within a Local Government environment. Key duties and responsibilities in the position include:
- Administer the process of right-of-way discontinuances.
- Administer the extinguishment of drainage reserves and road declarations.
- Develop a working knowledge of legislation, including the Local Government Act 2020.
- Provide regular reporting on progress towards budget and sales program goals.
- Administer the road and place naming process.
To be considered for this position you will bring:
- Knowledge and experience in right-of-way discontinuances, drainage reserve extinguishments and road declarations;
- Knowledge and experience in Local Government Act 2020 and Road Management Act 2004;
- Experience in the use of core property, asset management, records and GIS databases and systems;
- Experience in administering work program budgets; and
- An ability to read and interpret various property related documents including Certificate of Title and subdivision plan.
How to Apply
To submit your application: click ‘Begin’ below. Questions and enquiries on the position can be directed to Amanda Dunn, Acting Manager Property and Business Improvement at Amanda.Dunn@darebin.vic.gov.au.
Applications close on Sunday, 7th March 2021 at 11.30pm. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 12th March.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough Safety Screening processes apply.