Strategic Procurement Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent, Full Time Position
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Convenient Preston location, close to train and tram with flexible work opportunities
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for leading social and sustainable procurement outcomes across Darebin and within the northern region to benefit the community. This will be achieved by leveraging the significant buying power across businesses and organisations based or operating in Darebin to increase the social benefit and economic prosperity of our community as a direct result of our purchasing of goods, services and construction work.
Key to the success of this position is developing strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances across the Darebin community to secure commitment to procurement practices that prioritise:
- Preserving the physical, social and environmental, cultural and economic health and wellbeing of our neighbourhoods
- Contributing to creating a fair, inclusive community that is both environmentally and socially sustainable
- Being a socially responsible organisation and employer in line with local, national and international practices
- Increasing local economic benefit
- Value for money that aligns to a quadruple bottom line approach (one which delivers social, economic, environmental and governance outcomes)
- Establish a stakeholder map to prioritise effort and impact and ensure that a plan is in place to manage stakeholder relationships that compliments the work being undertaken by the Procurement team in consultation with Economic Recovery and Resilience Department
- Provide support to businesses and organisations in adopting Council’s Social and Sustainable Procurement Policy or adapting their own to adopt / strengthen social and sustainable procurement outcomes aligned to Council’s policy
- Provide guidance and assistance to Contract Managers to ensure all financial dealings associated with Council contracts are in accordance with the contract documentation and that service delivery and outcomes are delivered in accordance with specifications and stakeholder requirements
Skills and Experience
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in a procurement and contracting environment
- Manage a variety of complex tasks concurrently
- Understanding and knowledge of the public sector / local government procurement policy and practices
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume and a cover letter. Applicants will be required to provide written responses to the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description in their application.
Contact David Cecala, Coordinator Procurement and Contracting on 8470 8755 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Monday 20 September at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment
- Closing Date:
- 20 Sep 2021
- VIC - Preston
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Purchasing/Contracts/ Logistics