- Six weeks annual leave plus district allowance
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunity for continuous professional development and learning
The Vibrant Communities Team are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Youth Engagement Coordinator to lead, support and deliver initiatives that build local capacity, strengthen connection with community life and enhance opportunities with our youth community. Using a community development approach, the role works collaboratively with key agencies and the youth community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement and evaluate annually 2016-2021 Youth Strategy, ensuring a progressive approach to policy development and programming;
- Coordinate the Youth Services Team and Traineeship program;
- Recruit, facilitate and mentor Youth Advisory Committee members;
- Support planning groups/committees to identify emerging trends and needs impacting local young people; and
- Develop targeted programs and services that engage identified at risk youth populations.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent requires a relevant tertiary qualification in Community Development / Humanities or similar and a minimum of three years' experience in youth affairs, social sciences, community development or similar and demonstrated experience in the planning, coordination and delivery of effective and outcome driven youth focused programs.
If you are looking to develop your career with a great Team and believe you have the right attributes to succeed in this role, visit our website www.darwin.nt.gov.au and click on the Careers quicklink to submit an application and resume.
Applications close 5pm 18 September 2017
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applicants will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
Chief Executive Officer