- Do you have great leadership skills?
- Are you passionate about driving change?
This is your chance to be a part of shaping the future of Darwin.
City of Darwin have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead our Parks and Reserves section. Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, is dynamic, different, diverse and constantly evolving as Australia's most cosmopolitan city and this is your chance to be a part of shaping our future.
We offer a great range of benefits including:
- Six weeks annual leave and three weeks personal leave;
- Salary packaging options;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Wellbeing programs and social clubs;
- A fantastic working environment; and
- A tropical lifestyle within a capital city.
Relocation assistance may be offered to the successful candidate.
In this role you will provide leadership and management to Team Leaders responsible for the work programmes across three city precincts, urban forest management and irrigation management. You will have control and input over forward planning for annual maintenance and capital programs meaning you can directly impact on the future of Darwin.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this role?
- A Tertiary qualification in a related discipline and or relevant experience in managing a multi-faceted workforce;
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, and motivating staff to deliver high performance and customer focused outcomes;
- Experience in the preparation and management of budgets; and
- Local government experience would be an advantage.
Start your Career@TheTop today!
Applications close 5pm Monday 5 February 2018
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applicants will undergo pre-employment assessments, which will include a medical.
To view the position description and submit an application visit our website www.darwin.nt.gov.au and click on the Careers@TheTop quicklink.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Nik Kleine, Manager Infrastructure Maintenance on 08 8980 3654.
Chief Executive Officer