City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Diversity and Inclusion Senior advisor will report to the Head of Human Resources and Safety and be responsible for taking a lead role in the implementation and evaluation of a range of strategies, projects and programs to support a diverse, inclusive and high performing work culture. The main priorities will be to develop and implement action plans and strategies related to disability, LGBTI, Aboriginal and multicultural employment as well as diversity and equality within the organisation.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead the development, implementation, evaluation and coordination of a range of priority whole of organisation diversity and inclusion strategies, projects and programs for focus areas including: Aboriginal inclusion, gender equality, sexual orientation and gender identity, disability access and inclusion, cultural diversity, youth and mature age employment;
- Coordinate reporting on diversity and inclusion issues;
- Seek, prepare and manage funding grants associated with training and development and employment strategies and program for diversity and minority groups; and
- Assist in the development and implementation of succession planning for employees across the organisation with a focus on women and minority groups.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive experience in a similar position or field;
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, writing and managing funding grant applications;
- High level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, work collaboratively with senior stakeholders to gain cooperation and achieve outcomes; experience in the preparation of high level reports, briefs and recommendations; and
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, ability to apply complex concepts to program and process development.
This is a unique opportunity for a Diversity and Inclusion passionate professional to drive positive change and be part of a growing team.
Applications close 5pm Monday 14 January 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources and Safety on 08 8930 0667.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available fromhttps://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer