Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Coordinator to join our Building and Facilities team. Reporting to the Executive Manager Operations, this exciting and challenging full-time opportunity is about managing the delivery of operational facility management services for Council's new and existing building and facilities. This will involve ensuring all facilities are fit for purpose whilst also identifying revenue generating opportunities by maximising the commercial value of assets (where appropriate)This role will require the successful candidate to work both inside office and out at the field, leading the Building and Facilities team along with contractors, making sure they meet their deadlines following the Council's policies and procedures. Exceptional customer service both internally and externally will be the key to this position's success.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage the planning and delivery of Council's building and structural inspections, statutory and periodic maintenance programs, and new/renewal/improvement projects for all buildings and facilities to ensure outcomes, timing, budget and other associated objectives are met in accordance with best practices.
- Assist in the development of an Energy Efficient and Greenhouse Minimisation Strategy to achieve Council's environmental targets
- Monitor progress of programs and projects to ensure that milestones and performance targets are met, including preparation of progress reports.
- Ensure compliance on contractual, legislative, policy and service level requirements.
- Ensure that community and key stakeholder consultation is undertaken regarding delivery of building and facilities infrastructure projects and forward programs including the preparation of responses to infrastructure project related correspondence and enquiries.
- Plan, develop and monitor building and facilities infrastructure programs and associated budgets, including capital works program and forward planning for funding requirements.
To be successful you will have
- Tertiary qualifications Building, Facilities Management and/or Project Management or related discipline and minimum of five (5) years' experience in building and facilities management, and project and contract management.
- Experience working with government organisations, lessees, tenants lessees, tenants, community organisations, suppliers and tradespersons.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the preparation and management of budgets/ Demonstrated experience in budget and contract management/administration and supervision.
- Demonstrated experience to lead, motivate and supervise team members/ Demonstrated experience of mentoring, coaching and motivating staff to deliver high performance and customer focused outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Building and Facilities statutory and periodic maintenance works scheduling
- Demonstrated knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health And Safety procedures, policies, responsibilities as set out in current legislation.
- Proven ability with communication, research and report writing skills including a high level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, plan and achieve performance outputs, work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
Be part of an innovative and committed council
With a strong commitment to a fair and equitable workplace ethos, rigorous adherence to WH&S procedures and a culture of innovation and transformation, you'll be focussed on high performance and quality outcomes. You will be ready to proactively lead and actively support the Council's vision, goals and values that complement a changing culture.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 31 July 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Ron Quinn, Executive Manager Operations on 08 8980 3654.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical and a psychometric test.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer