- Looking for a role in the compliance and regulatory space?
- Manage a close-knit and dedicated team
- Get ready to make a difference in this fast-paced role
Our vision for the City of Darwin is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour. We will achieve this vision by working with the community and partners, providing leadership and delivering services that create opportunities to enhance the economic, cultural and environmental sustainability of Darwin.
At City of Darwin, we are passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. An opportunity has arisen for a reliable, proactive and suitability qualified and experienced individual to join City of Darwin in the role of Manager Regulatory Services.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of regulatory services to ensure that Council upholds its statutory responsibilities in accordance with legislation. This position contributes to the development and implementation of the strategic direction within City of Darwin, its policies and procedures and ensures organisational effectiveness and compliance.
As an outcome-focussed professional with demonstrated experience in animal management, management experience in the compliance and regulatory space and/or the relevant equivalent, you will play a key leadership role in reviewing and making recommendations on a wide range of incidents.
You will be a decision-maker with exceptional reporting skills and the ability to review all sides of a story. As someone who can lead your team to deliver compliance and enforcement activities, you are able to develop, implement and review policy, strategy and planning.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations or an equivalent qualification (advantageous)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a regulatory or compliance environment, or;
- At least 3 years of experience in the animal management field
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and operational policies and procedures
- Exceptional people management skills and an ability to juggle multiple priorities
- An ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and report writing skills
- The ability to obtain National Police Records Check and Working with Children clearance
At City of Darwin, we offer competitive remuneration with generous leave entitlements. This is a Five Year limited tenure contract remunerated at $115k per annum (plus superannuation and other allowances) and six weeks annual leave.
If this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss, apply now - applications close on Friday 9th April at 09:00am