Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission. Our workplace:
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a contemporary workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. Here, innovation can be fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration. About the role and you:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised individual who can take ownership of tender / bid functions whilst building credible and strong relationships with internal stakeholders and clients. This role focuses on road condition data collection and road asset management bids and tenders for the Queensland and Northern Territory regions and requires project management of projects in the data collection team.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to be a hands-on bid and tender professional. Experience or knowledge in road data collection, road construction, pavements or with road asset management is preferred but not essential.
If you have either a trade or tertiary technical qualification and a desire to sell we would like to receive your application. In this position you will:
We seek an individual who has:
- Coordinate and submit bids and tenders, working closely with others in the team, while achieving sales, margins and agreed targets
- Work in the ARRB team who collects road-condition data using sophisticated (world class) in-vehicle equipment
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with existing and new clients
- Develop and review project bids/tenders/proposals and identify new business areas
- Provide input to costings and price strategies based on inputs such as client scope, risks to ARRB and demand on data collection vehicles
- Have technical knowledge and expertise within at least one of ARRB’s core areas with a knowledge of other core pillars so that you can confidently engage with clients, understand their needs and translate those needs to service provision
- Collect marketing and service information – internal and external - for use in marketing and sales activities (to develop business)
- Have an open mind and be willing to learn.
What we offer:
- A graduate/ trade with 2 to 5+ years relevant working experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Strong sales and tendering experience
- Project management skills appropriate for consulting and service-based projects
- Experience or real understanding of projects and programs for government and private sector
- A ‘can do’ attitude, flexible and organised work ethic
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills such that effective relationships can be built with clients, stakeholders and internal staff
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and ways of working
- Outstanding team work skills and is responsible and accountable
- Knowledge of technical road construction service offering (road asset management, data collection, road construction and/or pavements) preferred, but not essential.
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
To be considered:
- Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
- Strong support for career development and further study
- A competitive salary & staff benefits
- a state-of-the-art work campus, ping pong tables, bicycle facilities, flexible working times, and with Activity based working arrangements
- Access to paid parental leave
- Potential salary packaging benefits available
- Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources.
Please note referral applications from recruitment agencies may be accepted, please contact Human Resources for more information.