Passion for making a difference? Experience in the healthcare or disability sector? Want to be involved in a fantastic government agency? We need you!
This leading government agency supports those in need and provides tools for Australians to be able to achieve their goals. Their work has an impact on a significant area in the social sector, and you can be a part of the difference that they make in this role.
About the project
As a project manager, your role is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific Project(s) you are working on (including monitoring and managing progress reporting). You will work closely with the Director Service Improvement to make sure that the scope and direction of each project(s) is on schedule and within budget.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support the Director Service Improvement in the project scoping, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Manage the effective governance of the project with the Director Service Improvement and ensure appropriate evaluation of progress, quality, cost activities and escalation as necessary.
- Supervise program activities and resources to deliver agreed outputs.
- Work within an agreed Agency project management framework and manage multiple priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy to meet tight and often conflicting timeframes.
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with National Office work groups, regions, and external stakeholders to support effective communications.
- Perform independent research and analysis to determine operational solutions.
- Develop innovative solutions to issues effecting delivery of the Project(s).
- Develop and implement sourcing schedule to ensure workforce coverage and manage the project estimating activities
- Maintain project artefacts including, project management plan, budget, resourcing, scheduling and performance reports to assure integrity of the project.
What you will bring to the role?
- Proven experience leading teams within a legislated environment where decisions involve judgement based on the assembly, analysis and application of all available evidence.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide teams drawn from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- Have outstanding communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain networks within the Agency and with external parties.
- Develop and manage key strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, promoting the agency’s business objectives.
- Ability to manage service delivery performance.
- Provide strategic advice, problem solving and issues management for internal and external stakeholders in relation to complex and potentially controversial matters.
- Analytical skills to draw on research, evidence and performance reports to influence improved service delivery.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Provide strategic direction to work area, including developing strategies and priorities and monitor work flow and performance.
How to apply
Please click ‘APPLY” to upload your details and resume to be considered for this role.