Ideally located half-way between Sydney and Brisbane on the New England highway, Tamworth is a major regional hub in north west NSW. "More than just City", it is where an enviable lifestyle is combined with outstanding education and employment opportunities and a strong economy underpinned by advanced manufacturing, agriculture, aviation, tourism, arts, and culture. Tamworth offers the rural appeal with many big city benefits and let's not forget the Tamworth Country Music Festival, which draws big-name international acts every year.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated HR professional to join a collaborative People and Performance team. The organisation is moving through an exciting phase of innovation and agility and are looking for a HRBP to get their hands dirty in dealing with day-to-day HR matters, motivate capability and performance outcomes and think creatively and proactively to develop fresh and innovative approaches to improve the culture of the organisation.
Reporting to the Coordinator - People & Culture operations, you will be responsible for providing pragmatic and timely HR advice to leaders and employees, in line with organisational objectives and award and legislative requirements. You will have a proven record of developing effective professional relationships with people leaders and employees in order to work in partnership and to meet the ever-changing needs of the business. Whilst primarily this is an operational role you will have the opportunity to be part of and support the ongoing strategic workforce initiatives and projects of the organisation
What we are seeking:
As the People & Culture Business Partner you will possess a Degree in Human Resources, Business or similar, or equivalent relevant experience and demonstrated capability, typically at a level of 5- 7 year's in the following areas:
- Implementing effective communication strategies including negotiation skills
- Leading and influencing change
- Providing mentoring support
- Working effectively with others including identifying, analysing and resolving problems
- Using corporate and specialised software systems including a range of Microsoft Office programs
- Identifying risk and applying risk management processes
- Understanding a local government environment
- Understanding the section's operating environment
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, viewed as desirable
If you are passionate about people, hands on, solutions & goals focused than this is the role for you! Hit Apply Now!
For further information about this great opportunity call Kristy Madaffari on (02) 66592109