The City of Bunbury is seeking a well-rounded community development and place-making professional who can lead the organisation in implementing contemporary approaches to capacity building and place activation.
We would love to hear from candidates who hold a tertiary qualification in community development, social work or similar and/or 5-years' experience working in the community development field.
The successful candidate will require a National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check. To be supplied at interview stage or upon commencement of employment with the City.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- To lead and support the Community Partnerships Team
- Develop and implement contemporary and strategic approaches to community capacity building and place activation
- Develop and nurture close relationships with a wide range of community stakeholders
The key skills required for this role include:
- Knowledge of contemporary community development approaches
- Understanding of place making and activation
- Ability to develop and implement strategies and business plans
- Mentoring and leadership experience
- Project management skills
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2015 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 6 salary range of $74,574 to $79,769 gross depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full time
- Uniform provided
- 4 weeks annual leave
9.5% Superannuation with the option for matched salary sacrifice for contributions of up to 5%
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.