The City of Bunbury is seeking an experienced Public Relations (PR) professional to lead our Public Relations Team in delivering campaigns that promote the City's vision and enhances our reputation.
This position will be responsible for the ground-up coordination of our PR strategies and activities for various City projects, programs and initiatives, supported by the City's Media and Communications Officer and Marketing Officer.
Exceptional communication skills across a variety of mediums and an ability to identify and manage sensitive issues in a political environment are a must.
Proactive self-starters are encouraged to apply, and candidates with demonstrated leadership experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will require a National Police Clearance for this position to be supplied at interview stage or upon commencement of employment with the City.
The responsibilities for this role include the development and delivery of:
- Strategic approaches to the City's public relations activities
- Community engagement initiatives
- Campaigns promoting the City's vision and key messages
- Lead and develop the Public Relations team
The key skills required for this role include:
- At least three years of public relations experience
- Marketing, communications and/or stakeholder engagement qualifications or additional relevant experience
- High level communication skills across a range of traditional and contemporary channels including public speaking and presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to work in a small team
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 7 to level 8 salary of $87,149 to $93,755 gross depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full time, 38 hours per week
- Permanent position
- 9.5% super
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.