Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking an experienced and collaborative Engineer to undertake the role of Asset Strategist Water & Sewer. Working closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders you will investigate, develop and continuously improve Water & Sewer Asset Management Plans for the Coffs Harbour community. We are seeking an innovative individual, looking to make real change when planning for future sustainability of the community.
About the role
Reporting to the Section Leader Asset Strategies, the Asset Strategist Water and Sewer will play a key engineering role developing, and assisting in the execution of asset management strategies, plans and information systems for water and sewer within the whole Council area. You will play a key role in the in the investigation, analysis, planning and identification of capital works projects for the whole of life sustainability of Council's public water & sewer infrastructure which will include the identification and prioritisation for the renewal of existing assets and the upgrade or expansion of new assets in line with community expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in Water and Sewer Asset Management as well as knowledge of regulatory frameworks, risk management, statutory requirements, and best practice as it relates to asset management.
You will also have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- A high level of computer literacy and experience using computer-based asset management systems
- Knowledge of financial and economic analysis as it relates to asset management and infrastructure planning.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical, investigative & problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven strengths in negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Proven project management skills
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Coffs Harbour City Council is a leader in Local Government, committed to the pursuit of excellence for our community. This means that we strive to deliver excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally whilst being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a permanent 35 hour a week role, offering a stable career choice and the flexibility to structure your work life balance
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
Remuneration package starting at around $120,000 – with an enhanced package available for an outstanding candidate.
All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council's Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
Please note: a talent pool may be created from this campaign for both permanent and temporary positions in the future.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background