- Motivates and empowers
- Effective communicator
- Ability to provide great customer service
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced revenue professional to join one Victoria's fastest growing Council's. With budgeted revenue of $362m and rate revenue of $169m made up of over 80,000 assessments you will play a vital role managing the rating and accounts receivable functions of Council.
Being commercially astute with proven strategic and operational experience in a revenue environment implementing revenue best practice you will be able to add value to the organisation.
You will be managing relationships across a range of stakeholders, possess sound analytical skills, strong attention to detail but also be able to adopt a pragmatic approach when required. You will also be a team player who is highly motivated, innovative and with strong communication and computer skills. The ability to adapt and manage competing priorities, relevant experience at a senior level in Local Government and an understanding of the Local Government Act is highly desirable.
Leading a large team in a growing municipality, the key accountabilities will entail:
- Ensuring compliance with the Rating Provisions of the Local Government Act, Fire Services Property Levy Act, the Fair Go Rates System and other relevant legislation.
- Maintaining and monitoring the required accounting procedures for General Rates, Special Rates and Charges and Accounts Receivables.
- Co-ordinating the raising of rates and efficient distribution of rate notices and account receivable accounts and collection of same.
- Ensuring all changes in valuation and Valuer General AVPCC codes are accurately recorded and the issue of supplementary notices reflecting the changes.
- Overseeing the preparation of voting lists and rolls according to statutory requirements.
- Supervising the maintenance and ensuring the accuracy of the property data base including the creation of new properties in a timely manner.
- Assisting, as required in the preparation of the Annual Statements, Budget, Grants Commission and other Statistical Returns.
- Setting objectives that result in the efficient running of the Revenue Office within budget restraints and timeframes.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information please contact Fadi Srour on 9205 2600.
To apply for this job go to: www.hume.vic.gov.au/careers/Jobs_And_Opportunities.
Applications close 25 June 2017(Job ID:3562667)