Whitehorse City Council’s Building Services Unit offers building permit certification, mandatory inspections, statutory services, building enforcement, report and consents (dispensations and variations), information services to the community and private builders as well as specialist building consulting and quality inspections.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Municipal Building Surveyor to join our team of professionals on a full time basis.
You will be based at our Nunawading office conveniently located close to public transport and shops. We can offer you an attractive annual salary package (dependent on level of experience) including private use of a vehicle. You will have also have a variety of development opportunities and a great range of Council benefits!
The successful applicant will have:
• A Degree or Advanced Diploma in Building Surveying;
• Full registration with the Victorian Building Authority (preferably Building Surveyor Unlimited);
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations, and the ability to apply this knowledge;
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work in a busy team environment, as well as independently;
• A commitment to high quality customer service
Further information regarding this position is available from Sean Grogan on 9262 6482. Applications should address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close 19 July 2017.