Full Time Temporary to January 2018
High Profile Place Management role in Melbourne’s 2nd CBD, Box Hill
Exciting opportunity to drive outcomes in a rapidly changing Metropolitan Activity Centre (MAC)
We are seeking an experienced Place Manager with exceptional communication skills, political acumen and a high degree of self-motivation, to lead a comprehensive and diverse Placemaking program for the booming Box Hill MAC.
You will lead and manage a comprehensive and diverse Placemaking program for Box Hill, including:
* Leadership and advisory role to senior management, in relation to Council’s role, and strategies and actions to advance the Box Hill MAC;
* Management of key relationships (external and internal), stakeholder groups and partnership development;
* Advisory role in planning and delivery of key Council projects, including Council land optimisation, development, facilities and infrastructure;
* Promotion, attraction and facilitation of major private, institutional and public investment opportunities;
* Facilitation and negotiation of major transit-oriented, mix-use development projects;
* Advice and guidance on major land use and development proposals;
* Coordination of Council’s advocacy campaign, with stakeholder partners, for priority public projects and intervention for Box Hill;
* Partner with key state and federal Government departments and agencies;
* Advise and contribute to the delivery of tactical placemaking initiatives and the development of a framework for community-led placemaking;
If you are an experienced Place Manager with a proven track record, we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from Daniel Vincent-Smith, 9262 6269 or Will Gerhard on 9262 6453. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close 19 July 2017.