Team Leader – Service Facilitation
Band 6: $80,183.71 - $ 86,765.37
An exciting opportunity is open within the Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services Department for a Team Leader – Service Facilitation.
Whitehorse City Council supports consumers over 65 approved for Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Home Care Packages and consumers under 65 eligible for Home & Community Care Program for Younger People.
This position will be responsible for managing the Consumer Access and Support team as they work in partnership with consumers to establish, support and coordinate services in the community.
As the Team Leader - Service Facilitation at Whitehorse City Council you will:
• Ensure that consumer care plans are developed and reviewed as required; service implementation is facilitated in a timely manner, in consultation with consumers, their advocates and relevant stakeholders, encouraging feedback from consumers and staff members.
• Manage and prepare the Consumer Access and Support team to develop and promote a team based approach to deliver services that are consistent with an emphasis on capacity building, wellness, re-ablement and social inclusion.
• Work in conjunction with all program areas to increase interrelations and collaboration between programs to enhance consumer and service outcomes.
Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services department has a long standing and strong working relationship with consumers, their carers and key staff involved in their care. The Team Leader - Service Facilitation will work towards maintaining and further strengthening the care planning process to support the team in delivering quality services within the person-centred, capacity building approach.
To be successful in the role you will have:
1. Tertiary qualification in Allied Health, Social Science, or related field and relevant demonstrated experience in working with older people and people with a disability in a home or community setting.
2. Extensive experience in developing care plans within a consumer directed care approach and a wellness and reablement framework.
3. Ability to manage staff in the delivery of outcomes, including the ability to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
4. Strong computer skills including proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to gain the cooperation of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
For further information please contact Stephanie Berton (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday) on 9262 6110. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close Friday, 2 February 2018.