Maternity Leave coverage (12 months)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Grade 2 OT within the Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services Department.
Whitehorse City Council supports consumers over 65 eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and consumers under 65 eligible for Home & Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP).
This position will be responsible for facilitation of timely access to the services provided by the Whitehorse City Council Home & Community Services Department by appropriate OT interventions to support eligible consumers living in the community.
As an Occupational Therapist at Whitehorse City Council you will:
• Assess the consumer’s capacity to participate in activities of daily living both at home and in the community.
• Prescription and education of aids and equipment to facilitate safe and timely access to home support services.
• Provide both individual and group OT wellbeing and intervention programs to achieve independence and promote consumers to participate in activities that align with their choices.
Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services department has a long standing and strong working relationship with Carrington Health (previously known as Whitehorse Health). The OT will work towards maintaining and further strengthening working relationships and partnerships between Whitehorse City Council and Carrington Health to support building the capacity of the Whitehorse Home & Community Services team in delivering quality services within the person-centred, capacity building approach.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) qualifications (Grade 2) with substantial clinical experience
• A passion for quality client outcomes within a capacity building approach
• A demonstrated understanding of person centred practices
• A collaborative approach that facilitates positive consumer outcomes
• Effective communication, organisation and planning skills
• An understanding of the issues relating to ageing
Whitehorse City Council provides a supportive workplace with a variety of flexibility options, ongoing professional development opportunities, employee recognition programs and salary packaging opportunities, including more affordable child care & gym memberships at Council owned facilities. Further information can be found here: http://www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Employment.html.
For further information please contact Stephanie Berton (Monday - Thursday) on 9262 6110. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close 26 September 2018.
Job share will be considered.
Visit http://whitehorse.mercury.com.au to register your details to apply for the position