• Senior Executive Officer Position (circa $107,000 + Car + Super) - Permanent Full Time
• Newly created full-time leadership role
• Exciting opportunity to enhance and facilitate industry growth
This is an exciting time for the Leisure and Recreation Services Department and we are looking for a leader who is ‘hands on’, energetic and passionate about recreation services and making a difference to the community.
Working in a newly created role, you will be primarily responsible for managing a unit responsible for community sport and recreation, operations and development, facility use and participation by active communities including sports clubs, parkland advisory committees and the broader community.
Tasks will include development and review of operational policies for use of facilities and open space, sports club and community groups/parkland advisory committees liaison and support, occupancy agreements, developing partnerships, grants, capital works and facilitating club/community requests for works.
The role will oversee operations of the unit to ensure:
• Community needs are met in the development of and review of operational strategies, policies and guidelines for use of recreational facilities and open space
• Effective partnerships and relationships are developed and maintained with the community, key stakeholders, sports clubs and organisations
• Strategies, policies, plans, key projects and guidelines are developed in accordance with the Whitehorse Recreation Strategy and Open Space Strategy.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Planning, Project Management or a related discipline combined with significant experience in recreation planning and operations.
• Understanding and knowledge of service delivery for community sport, recreation and open space within the local government context combined with highly developed analytical and investigative skills to enable formulation of policy.
• Extensive experience in the provision of excellent stakeholder management and customer service within a political environment with competing demands.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, support and develop staff to achieve required outcomes in a complex competitive environment.
Whitehorse City Council provides a supportive workplace with a variety of flexibility options, ongoing professional development opportunities, employee recognition programs and salary packaging opportunities, including more affordable child care & gym memberships at Council owned facilities. Further information can be found here: http://www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Employment.html.
Further information is available from Kendall Sinclair on 9262 6385. Applications close 22 November 2018. To apply, please click 'Apply Now' or visit https://whitehorse.mercury.com.au. Applications should address the key selection criteria contained in the position description.