• Band 8 Annualised (circa $107,000 + Super) – Permanent Full Time
• Newly created leadership role
• Lead the team to ensure the success of Recreation and Open Space initiatives within the municipality
This is an exciting time for the Leisure and Recreation Services Department and we are looking for a leader who is ‘hands on’, energetic and passionate about open space and recreation planning, development, strategy, projects, capital works and making a difference to the community.
Working in a newly created role, you will be primarily responsible for managing a unit responsible for recreation and open space planning and development, strategy and policy development, project management, asset management planning and capital works, grants, assessing and responding to major project proposals received from sports clubs and community groups and strategic partnerships.
The role will oversee operations of the unit to ensure:
• Effective delivery of open space and recreation strategies, master plans, feasibility studies and policies for the improvement of open space and recreation in the City of Whitehorse in consultation with the community.
• Management of open space and recreation projects in accordance with capital works and operational budgets.
• Effective partnerships and relationships are developed and maintained with the community, key stakeholders, clubs and organisations.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Planning (open space, strategic or similar), Recreation, Horticulture, Landscape, Environmental Science or related relevant discipline combined with several years of experience in the provision of open space planning including Local Government experience.
• Experience in the preparation of strategies, master plans and planning policies for the improvement of open space and recreation facilities.
• Highly developed communication, community engagement and consultation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in managing staff and the ability to collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
Whitehorse City Council provides a supportive workplace with a variety of flexibility options, ongoing professional development opportunities, employee recognition programs and salary packaging opportunities, including more affordable child care & gym memberships at Council owned facilities. Further information can be found here: http://www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Employment.html.
Further information is available from Kendall Sinclair on 9262 6385. Applications close 22 November 2018. To apply, please click 'Apply Now' or visit https://whitehorse.mercury.com.au. Applications should address the key selection criteria contained in the position description.