- Do you have a track record of being able to deliver on priorities under pressure?
- Use your skills to implement CSIRO’s government relations strategy
- Join CSIRO & support strategic, organisation-level relationships with government
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a senior advisor to work within our Government Relations team and work alongside the Ministerial Liaison Office.
As the successful candidate you will support the implementation of a government engagement strategy to enable CSIRO to better support the delivery of government priorities. You will also be CSIRO’s representative to support engagement with the Department of Health on COVID-19.
Your duties will include:
- Build effective and sustainable relationships at multiple levels across government necessary to implement CSIRO’s government relations strategy.
- Build and maintain an awareness of current Government, parliamentary and public policy issues and development, identifying those relevant to CSIRO and responding accordingly.
- Work across the organisation to support timely identification and management of opportunities and issues as they relate to government stakeholders.
Location: Canberra: CSIRO - Black Mountain (3 days) and Department of Health (2 days)
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior liaison/communication skills gained through relevant tertiary qualification and /or demonstrated work experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and deliver creative and proactive engagement mechanisms to support strategic, organisation-level relationships with government, and to facilitate uptake of CSIRO’s expertise by policy-makers.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills and the demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as the ability to work across organisational boundaries to deliver a one-CSIRO approach.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 24 January 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT