Social Media Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Social Media Officer
- The opportunity to bring your creativity to science communications
- Be responsible for the development of impactful content and campaigns
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO is seeking a Social Media Officer to join the Editorial and Content team within Corporate Communications. You’ll be part of a creative, data-driven, and collaborative team with a focus on planning, implementing and monitoring the delivery of CSIRO’s content across digital and social platforms. This includes website, blog and social channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. As the Social Media Officer, you will bridge technical and content areas, requiring a combination of strategic approach, data analytics and creative thinking.
Within this role you will have the opportunity demonstrate your passion for science communications, supporting the delivery of science and research through effective and compelling communications to enhance CSIRO’s public image.
Your duties will include:
- To work proactively and collaboratively as part of a team to implement effective communication plans and content posts across digital and social channels.
- Research, write and edit content for blog posts, social posts, video scripts, and web copy.
- Monitoring social media and, where appropriate and under advice, moderate and respond to posts.
- Provision of administration support and training to the Corporate Affairs team across all social media channels.
- Provide metrics across all social media channels upon request.
- Operating as part of the social media monitoring roster, which will include work outside of standard business hours, including weekends.
- Developing and managing paid social campaigns including Facebook/Instagram and LinkedIn.
Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, or Sydney
Salary: AU$64k - AU$85k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite - Full Time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant qualifications or relevant work experience in an area such as communication, PR, or digital and social media.
- Creative communicator with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated engagement and knowledge of digital and social media, including social advertising.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, management, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to be responsive in the media environment.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident, currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 4 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2021
- AU$64k - AU$85k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time