Development Planner (Maternity relief)
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- temporary full time (maternity relief) - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $75,110 - $89,570 per annum, plus superannuation
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- location - Grafton or Maclean (to be negotiated)
About the role
Are you a competent town planner experienced in assessing new development proposals and looking for a change of scenery on the NSW Mid North Coast? Clarence Valley Council has a rare opportunity for a Development Planner in a temporary full time capacity over the next 12 months or so.
The successful candidate will work with a passionate team of experienced DA planners and development engineers and be responsible for the assessment of a variety of development proposals for subdivisions and new building projects across the Clarence Valley. Given the short term nature of the position Council is looking for a town planner who is experienced in NSW planning legislation and related policy and who can 'hit the ground running'. Demonstrated ability to prepare well-presented and merit-based DA assessment reports for consideration at Council meetings will be an advantage. The position will provide quality advice to customers and will be involved in checking for compliance of development-related activities from time to time.
Any further queries can be directed to Council's Development Services Coordinator, Scott Lenton, on (02) 6643 0234.
Download the position description here.
Monday, 17 August 2020 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
This position will be located at Council's Grafton or Maclean office (to be negotiated), however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.