Area Leader Neighbourhood Hubs - [Archived Advertisement]
Wyndham City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Area Leader Neighbourhood Hubs
- Support Wyndham City in the delivery of community priorities
- Ongoing role, salary from $96,576 plus super and RDO
Who are we?
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
We are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure Wyndham is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents to the region by 2040.
Be part of something more.
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator Neighbourhood Hubs, the Area Leader Neighbourhood Hubs will provide strategic leadership for community planning processes and support Council in delivering on community priorities articulated in the Wyndham 2040 Community Plan.
This is a key leadership role that will ensure we continue to return exceptional value to our community.
What you’ll deliver:
- Operational management of Neighbourhood Hubs teams, overseeing community centre processes, operational budgets, staffing and community projects
- Community engagement activities and programs
- Localised approaches to service delivery
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences or Community Development
- Demonstrable understanding of asset-based community development principles and place-based community engagement approaches
- Experience working collaboratively on cross-organisational projects and with community groups and organisations
- Current Working With Children Check
- Positive, proactive and flexible attitude
Why join us?
It’s an exciting time to join Wyndham. We are transforming into an agile, resilient and customer-centric organisation and the opportunities to grow with us are endless.
Our people are our greatest and most valued asset, which is why we are focused on building a constructive culture that empowers them to do their best work. Flexibility is built into our DNA and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that supports a diverse workforce.
Some of our benefits include:
- Unrivalled growth potential and development opportunities
- Real opportunities to help shape the future of Melbourne’s west
- A day off to volunteer and give back to your own community
- Health and wellbeing initiatives and access to discounted private health insurance
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
So, are you ready for something more?
Interviews will be held on 13th and 14th December 2018.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dave Hamra, Coordinator Neighbourhood Hubs on (03) 9742 8193.
Applications will be accepted until midnight Sunday 9 December 2018.
All applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit our website: www.wyndham.vic.gov.au.
Wyndham City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2018
- VIC - Werribee
- from $96,576 plus super and RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time