Randstad are seeking an experienced Media Officer for 6 month contract. This role is within a fast paced government department that is based in Canberra.
This position requires someone with previous experience in a Media and Communications environment to be able to pick up systems quickly. The successful candidate will have strong Media and Communications experience, be able to work autonomously, be a fast learner and most importantly, be reliable.
Our client is seeking a candidate to undertake a range of tasks including the distributions of its publications. You will need to have experience in writing media releases, press enquiries, talking points and speeches.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will have:
- A successful record of work in journalism, public relations or other media related field, including sound knowledge of media relations procedures and the methods and technologies used by the media
- Tertiary Qualifications in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications is desirable
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast paced and high volume environement and work well under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Team player with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- A Baseline Security Clearance
What you’ll get in return:
The successful candidate will be offered a 6 month contract at an attractive hourly rate. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Media Officer to join an interesting and fast paced team, and to further develop their skills within a Government environment.
If you possess the required experience, please apply now using the appropriate link or call 02 6132 3835 for a confidential discussion.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.