Services Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Office of Sport (View other jobs from this organisation)
We are seeking a Services Coordinator to join our team on a full-time ongoing basis at Milson Island.
We offer a competitive salary to the right candidate with salary range starting from $76,931 up to $88,184 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
Working with us
The Office of Sport is the lead NSW Government agency for sport and active recreation.
With a vision of sport and active recreation creating healthier people, connecting communities and making a stronger NSW, we provide the people of NSW with the leadership, policies, programs, funding and infrastructure necessary to maximise the social, health and economic benefits realised through this valued sector.
Our work is spread across NSW, with ten Sport and Recreation Centres, four Olympic Sport Venues and offices throughout the state.
About the role
As Services Coordinator, you will plan and coordinate the service support functions at the Centre including supervising and managing staff carrying out maintenance, catering services, asset management and other support roles, to ensure the delivery of high standards of customer service.
You will have demonstrated capacity to plan and deliver service support operations including facility maintenance, catering and hospitality services to ensure efficient coordination of programs and services to Centre clients.
You are a team player with the ability to work as part of a Centre Executive Team. You have the ability to actively contribute to the Centre leadership team to help build a supportive and co-operative team environment which aligns with the organisational objectives.
- Current Class C drivers’ licence
- Ability to undertake on-call responsibilities on a 7-day rostered basis
- Coxswain Grade 1 Certificate or ability to successfully complete within three months of commencement.
Why work with the Office of Sport?
- An ongoing role with a competitive salary
- A range of employee benefits such as salary packaging, fitness passport, and Employee Assistance Program
- Access to training and development
How to apply
To apply for this role you need to submit an application via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/, Job Reference No. 00007VGZ.
When applying you need to:
- Provide your responses to the two pre-screening questions (maximum of 2 pages).
- Attach a cover letter to your online application (maximum 1 page)
- Provide a resume that details your current and previous experiences (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available on I work for NSW.
- Provide an example of where you innovatively implemented a work project which either solved a problem or resulted in improved service for the clients and/or the organisation. Outline the process you went through and who you involved. What were the results?
- Describe a situation where you have effectively managed change that included realigning services, procedures and systems to meet future strategic priorities. What was the situation and what steps did you take and what was the outcome? What was the least effective strategy you used and what did you learn from that experience?
- For further information about the role please contact Sam Riddington on (02) 9985 2203 or view the role description.
- The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website.
- No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised.
Applications Close: 11.59pm, Sunday 24 January 2021.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Office encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Jan 2021
- NSW - Milsons Passage
- $76,931 up to $88,184 p.a + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time